Want to hear something that will give you a real scare today? How about the idea that you may unknowingly be causing your attendees to avoid attending your next event - the horror!
Before your attendees start ghosting you, check out what actions you MUST avoid before you scare off your event attendees for good!
- Your vendors and/or sponsors are obviously confused on-site due to a lack of communication
- You’re hoping that networking will happen “naturally” between your attendees
- Your event date conflicts with another popular event in the area
- You have a serious lack of event staff on-site
- You’re giving away all of your attendee’s personal information to vendors and/or sponsors
- You’re exclusively using paper for on-site materials instead of also incorporating mobile
- You have a lack of signs or worse, confusing signs
- You have no backup in place for last-minute changes
- Your food and beverages are running out too quickly
- Your venue location is really inconvenient to most of your attendees
- You forgot to accommodate for attendees with disabilities
- Your event’s temperature is either too hot or too cold
- Your event furniture is too uncomfortable for your attendees
Now that you know what NOT to do at your next event, let’s take a look at what works! Check out our guide that covers 6 Ways to Supercharge Your Attendee Engagement at any event!