Increase your registrations with an eye catching ‘register now’ button
In this month’s tip on how to increase your online event registrations, we’re going to discuss the importance of ensuring you are promoting your event with an eye catching graphic. In particular, the ‘register now’ button that needs to stand out amongst the crowd of other text and images.
Why the ‘register now’ button? Although there are plenty of marketing and promotional materials that are important in helping your event succeed, the call-to-action is one of the most important. On many occasions I have found myself wondering how to complete an action I set out to accomplish, simply due to the fact it was buried deep in website navigation or had simply been linked out in a text paragraph that was hard to see.
When creating your button, here are a few items you may want to include:
- An eye-catching base colour that will immediately catch someone’s attention
- Make your image look like a button
- Simple and effective action words like ‘Register Now!’, or ‘Sign-up Here!’
- An icon that supports the action, perhaps an arrow or a target
- A mouseover effect that changes the text or colour of the button when hovered over
Here are some examples to help you get started (feel free to use them):
Once the button is complete, ensure you add it to your website and email campaign in a noticeable place. Don’t forget to link it to your registration form, and watch the registrations start rolling in!