Pay Attention to Your Event Confirmation Emails
An advantage of online event registration is the ability to automatically send event confirmation emails. While the main purpose of this email is to confirm that a registration has been received, it is also a perfect avenue for providing event participants with additional information and reminders.
Cover Off The Basics
- Remind people what they registered for.
- Provide a handy reference of details such as the times, date, location, map link, etc. Many people will refer to the email on their phone especially when they are on the way to the event.
- Contact information in case attendees need to get in touch with the event organizer.
Pay Attention to the Subject Line
While avoiding the items we mentioned above, you still need to come up with something event participants will recognize and find interesting enough to open. For example, “ABC Conference Confirmation and Additional Detail” is a better subject line than just “Confirmation Email” It is more descriptive and immediately recognizable by the reader as something that they registered for and should review.
Make Sure It Gets To Your Event Attendees
The first step in creating an effective confirmation email is to ensure that it gets to the intended recipient. In these days of SPAM filters, it is a real possibility that your confirmation email maybe filtered out because of a few simple words. Most SPAM filters look for certain words and phrases that are associated with SPAM, such as “free, loans, subscribe, opportunity, please read, special promotion and all new”. Avoiding these types of words will help you to avoid the SPAM filters. You will also want to avoid repeating words, all capitals and excessive punctuation as all of these are warning flags for the filters. If you trigger enough flags with the words and punctuation you use, your message won’t get delivered.
Include These Extra Items to Wow Your Event Attendees
- Suggestions on where to park or the best route to the venue.
- Public transit information such as bus numbers and stop locations.
- A link to a map of the area.
- Links to accommodations in the area.
- Links to car rental companies.
- Links to sponsor websites.
- Links to websites that have information about activities, restaurants or other information about the host city.
- A link to a weather website for the area.
Following these suggestions will help you prepare great confirmation emails and get you on the way to planning another memorable event.