It’s the start of a new year and resolutions are officially underway! If you’re anything like me, you’re probably taking a long look at how your 2019 panned out. Was it an accomplished year? Did you fall a little behind?
Whether you feel as though it went as planned or could have used a little more luck, we have a fresh, new year upon us! It’s time to take this year by the reigns and accomplish what we are setting out to do. Here’s how:
Discover your 2020 goals
Goals are important! They make you better, they make you think about how you want to conquer the year ahead. With that said, we have a few questions we suggest asking yourself when discovering your goals for the year:
- What do you want to accomplish this year, personally and professionally?
- When are you going to achieve those goals?
- Why do you want to achieve these specific goals?
- What will be your driving-force to accomplishing your goals this year?
- When you reach January 1st, 2021, what would you like to have successfully completed?
Create an Action Plan
Have you ever heard of a 30-60-90 plan? This type of plan breaks up how to accomplish goals in a 30-day segmented-period over three months (looking at a full year can be intimidating, after all!). It’s a great resource when divvying up your goals for the year. Ask yourself this:
- How can I set my goals in the first 30 days that are accomplish-able?
- Over a 60 day period, how do I want my work-life and professional life to look?
- After 90 days, will I be able to reach the goals I have set? Are they realistic? Where do I hope to be after 3 months?
Sometimes, all it takes to reach goals is the simple act of creating an action plan. Without a plan focused on conquering the future months ahead, your goals will be pushed to the side and most-likely forgotten. Create that action plan! You never know what you’ll discover when you unveil your “wants” for 2020.
Connect with Peers in the Event Industry
Connect, connect, connect! The events industry is all about who you know... we all know that. With the start of a new year, is the start of great, new connections that have the potential to be formed!
A great way to discover those connections is through LinkedIn. Have you ever tried searching “Event Planner” and connecting with other Event Planners on LinkedIn? The best learning experience can come from your peers in the industry who perform the same duties day-in and day-out. Connect with them or grab lunch to exchange tips!
Coinciding with setting goals for your new year in 2020, you may be looking for new ways to amplify attendance at your event! If that’s the case, check out our guide: Promotional Tactics to Amplify Attendance below.