Event Registration Blog

Increase Your Event Registrations With Email Invites That Work – Part 2

Share this page:

Last month we provided you with five easy steps to help increase your online event registrations with email invites that work. This month we will cover part 2 of that post, with five more tips that will help you to create successful email campaigns for your next event.

  1. Test – If you have a large email list (rather subjective I know…typically I consider large to be 500+), try taking 10% of that list and sending one version of your email to one half, and another version to the other half. Whichever receives the highest response rate will be the version you send to the other 90%.
  2. Sending – if you can avoid sending bulk email from your personal email application, then do. This can be a red flag and could result in your email being blacklisted by the recipients’ firewall, or worse, the recipients Internet Service Provider (ISP). If you work from a home office and rely heavily on your email, the last thing you want is your email being lost in cyberspace.
  3. Unsubscribe – It is extremely important to respect your email list by providing the option to unsubscribe. It is also required under CAN-SPAM compliance
  4. Forward to a Friend – Suggest a forward to a friend option to help increase your distribution and ultimately your registrations!
  5. When to Send – There is always some debate on when the best time to send your email is. Do I send it at PST or EST? Do I try to get the recipient after their first coffee of the day, or will they be too wired to pay attention?!? Don’t fret, there is endless data on this, and what I have taken from it is that Tuesdays to Thursdays between 8:00am and 11:00am is the best time to send. Of course, this is ultimately up to you and who your target recipients are, but using the above as a guideline is a great place to start.

Lastly, include the name and phone number of a real person to call if questions come up about the event and the registration process.

There are many factors that make up a successful email campaign. Follow some of the tips from this month, and last, and you’ll be well on your way to creating one of those successful campaigns.

Questions? We are always happy to offer some free advice and give you some ideas 1-800-507-3759.

Share this page: